If you frequent Etsy then you know about brands like helloberry, Doctor’s Closet, Punch Bracelets, Foxy Doll, SkinnyRist (hey ohhh), and more that specialize in gimp arm candy. But what is it about these super unique, ultra trendy bangles that’s got everyone going crazy? We came up with our top 10 reasons that gimp bracelets are your style must-have:
1) Color: gold and silver chain is gorgeous, but the extra pop of color that you get from the gimp lacing is what makes these bracelets extra special and extraordinary
2) Different: lanyard bracelets were popular back in the camp days, but they’re renewed now for a style that takes a retro favorite and mixes it with fashion chain – there’s nothing like it in the mainstream…not yet anyways
3) Affordable: these bracelets range from $50-$10! SkinnyRist regular cobra bangles are only $18, and our mini cobras are just $12 so you can collect them all and stack them high for the cutest arm party ever!
4) Variety: every shop has a huge variety of colors and styles, because there are many stores selling these bracelets on Etsy there’s competition to be the first to come out with the new hit style so shops are constantly searching for new, undiscovered styles and ways to use gimp!
5) Easy to Wear: I have a think about being comfortable and I can’t stand to wear jewelry that isn’t easy to wear, durable, and comfortable. Gimp bracelets are lightweight, come in a variety of sizes if you prefer extra large or more delicate and are made to take a beating and last through ti
6) Eye-Catching: pretty much everywhere I go wearing SkinnyRist I get asked about my bracelets, where did I get them? When I say I made them people get so impressed and want to know how or compliment my interesting jewelry. People always think gimp bracelets are incredibly unique and interesting and want to know more
7) Retro: I love the look on people’s faces when I tell them my bracelet is made from gimp like the old school craft lacing that you used back in the camp days they laugh and then they have to see it again and love that it’s a modern, grown-up twist on a retro favorite!
8) Versatile: these bracelets can dress up or down, I wear them running errands, to school, out with friends on the weekends and my mom wears them (the ones she pilfers from my stash…) to all the same places and even to work (she’s a VP of sales), which is a huge deal because she’s crazy particular about how she dresses for work
9) Guaranteed Handmade: the only way to make these gorgeous accessories is by hand so you know that each one is totally unique and handmade, while the possibility for variety might distress some people most will think it’s very cool that every piece of jewelry is 100% made to order for them personally
10) They haven’t peaked yet: these bracelets are crazy popular on Etsy, but no main stream stores have started mass producing cobra-style chunky chain bracelets yet that means that they haven’t even started trending so they can only get hotter as major designers start picking them up!