If you frequent Etsy then you know about brands like helloberry, Doctor’s Closet, Punch Bracelets, Foxy Doll, SkinnyRist (hey ohhh), and more that specialize in gimp arm candy. But what is it about these super unique, ultra trendy bangles that’s got everyone going crazy? We came up with our top 10 reasons that gimp bracelets are your style must-have:
1) Color: gold and silver chain is gorgeous, but the extra pop of color that you get from the gimp lacing is what makes these bracelets extra special and extraordinary
2) Different: lanyard bracelets were popular back in the camp days, but they’re renewed now for a style that takes a retro favorite and mixes it with fashion chain – there’s nothing like it in the mainstream…not yet anyways
3) Affordable: these bracelets range from $50-$10! SkinnyRist regular cobra bangles are only $18, and our mini cobras are just $12 so you can collect them all and stack them high for the cutest arm party ever!
4) Variety: every shop has a huge variety of colors and styles, because there are many stores selling these bracelets on Etsy there’s competition to be the first to come out with the new hit style so shops are constantly searching for new, undiscovered styles and ways to use gimp!
5) Easy to Wear: I have a think about being comfortable and I can’t stand to wear jewelry that isn’t easy to wear, durable, and comfortable. Gimp bracelets are lightweight, come in a variety of sizes if you prefer extra large or more delicate and are made to take a beating and last through ti
6) Eye-Catching: pretty much everywhere I go wearing SkinnyRist I get asked about my bracelets, where did I get them? When I say I made them people get so impressed and want to know how or compliment my interesting jewelry. People always think gimp bracelets are incredibly unique and interesting and want to know more
7) Retro: I love the look on people’s faces when I tell them my bracelet is made from gimp like the old school craft lacing that you used back in the camp days they laugh and then they have to see it again and love that it’s a modern, grown-up twist on a retro favorite!
8) Versatile: these bracelets can dress up or down, I wear them running errands, to school, out with friends on the weekends and my mom wears them (the ones she pilfers from my stash…) to all the same places and even to work (she’s a VP of sales), which is a huge deal because she’s crazy particular about how she dresses for work
9) Guaranteed Handmade: the only way to make these gorgeous accessories is by hand so you know that each one is totally unique and handmade, while the possibility for variety might distress some people most will think it’s very cool that every piece of jewelry is 100% made to order for them personally
10) They haven’t peaked yet: these bracelets are crazy popular on Etsy, but no main stream stores have started mass producing cobra-style chunky chain bracelets yet that means that they haven’t even started trending so they can only get hotter as major designers start picking them up!
We love infinity symbols at SR, they’re super understated and cute and have meaning too – we all want something to last forever, right? I guess Brandy Melville agrees because she just released (and we ordered) these super cute tees and tanks see all her looks here: Brandy Melville USA
How cute to pair with our BRAND NEW and not yet released SkinnyRist Mini Infinity Cobra!
Ok obvi #1 on our list for accessories is SkinnyRist bracelets, but we’re not talking fashion accessories as much as super cool school supplies. Who minds taking notes when it’s with a cute pen or on flashy paper? Maybe I’m just a nerd but I’ve always been a sucker for stylish office supplies…
1) Glasses Pen: Seltzer Goods 2) Magnetic White Board: LockerLookz 3) Phone Cases: HipsterCases 4) Earbuds: The Macbeth Collection 5) Contact Case: Urban Outfitters 6) Kate Spade Ipad Sleeve: Nordstroms 7) Pack at You Floral Backpack: Lulu’s 8) Glasses Pouch: Rebecca Minkoff 9) Pencil Pouch: Urban Outfitters 10) Lined Notebook: Urban Outfitters
Bomber Jackets: you won’t be bummed out by rain when it’s an excuse to rock your super cute super stylish bomber jacket, pair with dark wash jeans and dress it up with bright accessories
Long Blazer: pair this oversized, slouchy jacket with a tank and jeans or make your favorite summer dress your favorite fall dress by wearing it with a blazer and tights!
Super Skinny Jeans: don’t let the “super skinny” in the title fool you, these are great on all body types because they actually flatter your lower half, ankle length with a little bunch at the bottom is the right fit – pair with a chunky heel for a cute nighttime look or flats for a comfy day time look!
Boyfriend Jeans: not sold on the super skinny? Don’t worry because boyfriend jeans are still in, these are a much more relaxed fit and you want them to be loose in the thighs and calf, balance the baggy fit on the bottom with more fitted layers on the top!
Boot Cut Jeans: this cut that ends right at your foot looks super clean and professional with heels and makes your legs look ultra-long! This is the most popular cut for denim and a darker wash will give your outfit a super polished look
Plaid Prints: pair a subtle plaid in a cute color combo with dark jeans and boots, leave a plaid button down open with a solid color tank to bring out one of the colors used in the top
Hair Bling: place sparkly hair accessories like clips and bobby pins on the opposite side of your part and mix various sizes, use hairspray to give extra hold or try a headband for a really bold look
Woven Headbands: if you’re less glitter and more boho a woven headband is the way to go, these are great because they totally hide your hair when you skip the shower for a day 😉 wear them with your hair up or down straight or curly and use bobby pins to secure if needed
Leather Boots: for the fashion badass, short leather moto boots will kick any outfit into gear and turn heads for sure, pair with extra tight skinny jeans or jeggings and a slacker tee
Bright Sneakers: wear with a neutral top and biker or bomber jacket for a rocker-chic look or pair with a funky tee for a unique relaxed look
Go To Flats: a girl’s best friend and such a must is a great pair of super comfy closed-toe flats, pair with skinny jeans, solid color tank and a blazer for a casual chic look or a printed dress for a dressed down day look and even pair with tights and an oversized sweater or tee to look comfy but ultra cute heading to class
Chunky Platforms: these are a personal fave because they are SO much easier to wear than heels and give you a great height boost without looking too dressy. These are essential to pair with your skinny jeans and and a great cropped tee with a blazer, button down or bomber for a sexy-casual look great for going out
Jeffery Campbell Roks Wedge $148Jeffery Campbell Roks Wedge $148Wyliee High Wedge $89Tampaa High Wedge $69
Moccasins: thank God these are still in because I literally wear them everywhere, skinny jeans with a cute zip-up sweatshirt and light moccasins takes the grunge out of running errands even when I just woke up (hello headband…) or do understated preppy and pair an oxford or colored shirt with super distressed jeans and mocs!
Betsey Johnson Mayhemm Flat $79Minnetonka ‘Kilty’ Suede Moccasin $39Jeffery Cambell “Mocky” Moccasin $129
Okay, if that didn’t give you the shopping bug you’re just immune because I’m hating the fact that I have my credit card number memorized right now as I fight the urge to pick up all of these trends!!
Okay we’ve been talking a lot of “back to school”, but summer isn’t quite over yet and you can keep reppin’ those hot summer sunset shades with the Endless Summer mini cobra collection NEW at SkinnyRist!
Pantone has released a list of 10 brilliant colors hot for Fall 2012 and SkinnyRist has designs in some of the most popular of these fabulous hues!
The inspiration for this color is Lauren Bacall “in her film noir days”, it’s a camel color combined with winter pastels and the must have accessory is a Honey Gold coat but we think SR arm candy should be added to the list of must haves!
The inspiration is urban architecture combined with nature and female landscape artists! The prominent colors are the landscape with earth tones highlighted with pops of berry color pink and granite gray with brushed coppers.
This teal-tone of green has been an SR fave for bracelet design color for a long time and now Ella Moss is making it her own as inspired by “love magic”. The designer is all about “witches, warlocks, misty landscapes, love potions, and dreamy skies”! Her must have fashion item is a dramatic high/low hem dress and our must haves are SkinnyRist bracelets!
This All-American hue was actually inspired by the Golden Age of Shanghai China according to Tadashi Shoji! He recommends keeping cosmetic accents neutral when rocking this shade so the blue is the pop of color set off by the otherwise neutral palette.
Designer Charlotte Ronson found her inspiration for Titanium from the bohemian-lifestyle – vibrant prints juxtaposed with modern and sleek color. Her must have item is the Oba print slip dress and she’s inspired to pair this color with Ultramarine Green, and we are too!
Nicole Miller gets her Rhapsody inspiration from listening to 70s music and she’s totally into pairing Rhapsody with the other muted tone in this set Titanium. Her must-have item? An Alpaca vest in plum or pine, and her cosmetic recommendation is a smokey eye and neutral lip. Love!
At SkinnyRist we’re all about colors and finding new, fun colors to make our bracelets but sometimes it’s all about heading back to basics and black is as basic as it gets. The Black Cobra Bangle is the ultimate staple for any arm party. Jet black lacing makes the band and we use extra large, chunky, gold curb chain to finish this gorgeous accessory. For back to school, it’s back to black.
Okay so heading back to school is never anyone’s favorite event but it can be made way more fun by using it as an excuse to hit the mall and scoop up the hottest fall trends! So what are the fashion experts saying? We’ve been perusing the web to find out!
-Red is the new black, adding pops of color to your ensemble is so in for fall
-Black and white contrasting, wearing black and white together is hot, hot, hot!
-According to glamour.com, “the trendiest shade is pale, slate gray…[it’s] cool neutral…[and] figure flattering”
-Gold is IN
Michael KorsSkinnyRist She’s Golden Bangle $20
-Oversized is the fashion-forward fit for fall (holy alliteration Batman!)