If you frequent Etsy then you know about brands like helloberry, Doctor’s Closet, Punch Bracelets, Foxy Doll, SkinnyRist (hey ohhh), and more that specialize in gimp arm candy. But what is it about these super unique, ultra trendy bangles that’s got everyone going crazy? We came up with our top 10 reasons that gimp bracelets are your style must-have:
1) Color: gold and silver chain is gorgeous, but the extra pop of color that you get from the gimp lacing is what makes these bracelets extra special and extraordinary
2) Different: lanyard bracelets were popular back in the camp days, but they’re renewed now for a style that takes a retro favorite and mixes it with fashion chain – there’s nothing like it in the mainstream…not yet anyways
3) Affordable: these bracelets range from $50-$10! SkinnyRist regular cobra bangles are only $18, and our mini cobras are just $12 so you can collect them all and stack them high for the cutest arm party ever!
4) Variety: every shop has a huge variety of colors and styles, because there are many stores selling these bracelets on Etsy there’s competition to be the first to come out with the new hit style so shops are constantly searching for new, undiscovered styles and ways to use gimp!
5) Easy to Wear: I have a think about being comfortable and I can’t stand to wear jewelry that isn’t easy to wear, durable, and comfortable. Gimp bracelets are lightweight, come in a variety of sizes if you prefer extra large or more delicate and are made to take a beating and last through ti
6) Eye-Catching: pretty much everywhere I go wearing SkinnyRist I get asked about my bracelets, where did I get them? When I say I made them people get so impressed and want to know how or compliment my interesting jewelry. People always think gimp bracelets are incredibly unique and interesting and want to know more
7) Retro: I love the look on people’s faces when I tell them my bracelet is made from gimp like the old school craft lacing that you used back in the camp days they laugh and then they have to see it again and love that it’s a modern, grown-up twist on a retro favorite!
8) Versatile: these bracelets can dress up or down, I wear them running errands, to school, out with friends on the weekends and my mom wears them (the ones she pilfers from my stash…) to all the same places and even to work (she’s a VP of sales), which is a huge deal because she’s crazy particular about how she dresses for work
9) Guaranteed Handmade: the only way to make these gorgeous accessories is by hand so you know that each one is totally unique and handmade, while the possibility for variety might distress some people most will think it’s very cool that every piece of jewelry is 100% made to order for them personally
10) They haven’t peaked yet: these bracelets are crazy popular on Etsy, but no main stream stores have started mass producing cobra-style chunky chain bracelets yet that means that they haven’t even started trending so they can only get hotter as major designers start picking them up!
The big prediction for fall is a romantic look to jewelry, cream and rose hues and anything with a vintage look – especially gold! 70s vintage is also going to be big with muted-tone metals and jewelry featuring geometric patterns. Earth tones and leaf/flower prints are also said to be making their way into major designs.
This is a blog for a JEWELRY business, so you had to know we were going to tackle what’s coming up and super hot for fall 2012 because an outfit is nothing without a seriously stylish arm party! 1) Alexander McQueen & 2) Ben-Amun Bangles – wide and full of color these arm party classics are here to stay! 3) Chunky Chain – nothing compliments an extra-wide bangle than a matching bracelet with extra-wide chain, this over the top and attention-grabbing trend is back for the fall! 4) Alternative Colors – funky color combinations and big pops of color are in, wear a piece like this to brighten a neutral-tone ensemble!
Looking for more affordable ways to rock these trends? Don’t worry we got you covered! 1) SkinnyRist Shady Lady Gray Cobra Bangle: chunky gold chain and Pantone color pick for fall Titanium! 2) SurLhistoire Vintage Enamel Cuff: boasts a beautiful neutral cream color and the extra-wide cuff style! 3) ItsCalledJewelry Pyramid Cuff: super trendy with the contrast of bright metal and colored crystal detail! 4) Oiajules Chunky Gold Chain Link Bracelet: extra chunky gold curb chain plus a pop of color with a faceted aquamarine quartz!
- Trend Alert! Cuff Bracelets are HOT (fabsugar.com)
- Friday Wrap Up: Fall Colors (fabsugar.com)
- Pantone Fashion Color Report Fall 2012! (skinnyrist.wordpress.com)
- 23 Ways to Get in on Fall’s Natural Jewelry Trend, All Under $50 (fabsugar.com)
We love infinity symbols at SR, they’re super understated and cute and have meaning too – we all want something to last forever, right? I guess Brandy Melville agrees because she just released (and we ordered) these super cute tees and tanks see all her looks here: Brandy Melville USA
How cute to pair with our BRAND NEW and not yet released SkinnyRist Mini Infinity Cobra!
Ok obvi #1 on our list for accessories is SkinnyRist bracelets, but we’re not talking fashion accessories as much as super cool school supplies. Who minds taking notes when it’s with a cute pen or on flashy paper? Maybe I’m just a nerd but I’ve always been a sucker for stylish office supplies…
1) Glasses Pen: Seltzer Goods 2) Magnetic White Board: LockerLookz 3) Phone Cases: HipsterCases 4) Earbuds: The Macbeth Collection 5) Contact Case: Urban Outfitters 6) Kate Spade Ipad Sleeve: Nordstroms 7) Pack at You Floral Backpack: Lulu’s 8) Glasses Pouch: Rebecca Minkoff 9) Pencil Pouch: Urban Outfitters 10) Lined Notebook: Urban Outfitters
Okay we’ve been talking a lot of “back to school”, but summer isn’t quite over yet and you can keep reppin’ those hot summer sunset shades with the Endless Summer mini cobra collection NEW at SkinnyRist!
Pantone has released a list of 10 brilliant colors hot for Fall 2012 and SkinnyRist has designs in some of the most popular of these fabulous hues!
The inspiration for this color is Lauren Bacall “in her film noir days”, it’s a camel color combined with winter pastels and the must have accessory is a Honey Gold coat but we think SR arm candy should be added to the list of must haves!
The inspiration is urban architecture combined with nature and female landscape artists! The prominent colors are the landscape with earth tones highlighted with pops of berry color pink and granite gray with brushed coppers.
This teal-tone of green has been an SR fave for bracelet design color for a long time and now Ella Moss is making it her own as inspired by “love magic”. The designer is all about “witches, warlocks, misty landscapes, love potions, and dreamy skies”! Her must have fashion item is a dramatic high/low hem dress and our must haves are SkinnyRist bracelets!
This All-American hue was actually inspired by the Golden Age of Shanghai China according to Tadashi Shoji! He recommends keeping cosmetic accents neutral when rocking this shade so the blue is the pop of color set off by the otherwise neutral palette.
Designer Charlotte Ronson found her inspiration for Titanium from the bohemian-lifestyle – vibrant prints juxtaposed with modern and sleek color. Her must have item is the Oba print slip dress and she’s inspired to pair this color with Ultramarine Green, and we are too!
Nicole Miller gets her Rhapsody inspiration from listening to 70s music and she’s totally into pairing Rhapsody with the other muted tone in this set Titanium. Her must-have item? An Alpaca vest in plum or pine, and her cosmetic recommendation is a smokey eye and neutral lip. Love!